This activity is designed to change: Competence, Performance, Patient Outcome. 0.5 hr(s)
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Highlight health benefits of weight loss.
- Medically evaluate patients for possible weight loss surgery.
- Discuss pros and cons of weigh-loss surgery and different forms of surgery with patients.
- Describe for patients the post-surgical protocol.
- Evaluate patients who have had weight-loss surgery.
Modules in this Training Activity
Audience and Accreditation
Audience: Healthcare providers, healthcare students
|AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™||0.5 hr(s)||11/5/19||11/4/22|
Accreditation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A letter of completion for 0.5 hours is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Initial development of this activity was supported by a grant from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (#2R44DK091144-01A1) and NIDDK (#4R44DK108608-02).